|A.B., Columbia College in the City of New York, 1983.|
M.D., Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1987.
M.P.H., Johns Hopkins Bloomberg SChool of Public Health, 2006.
Post Doctoral Training
|Internship, General Surgery, Morristown Memorial Hospital, New Jersey 1987-88.|
Residency, Ophthalmology, University of Michigan, 1988-91.
Fellowship, Low-Vision Rehabilitation, California Pacific Medical Center, 1992-93.
|Hopkins Sommer Scholarship 2005-06|
Licensure and Board Certification
|Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology, May 25, 1994.|
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, July 1, 1988.
Maryland Department of Mental Hygiene, Active.
Medical Board of California, Active.
State of Michigan Board of Medicine, Active.
Drug Enforcement Administration, Active.
Federal Communications Comission, KF6WDT, Amateur Radio License, Technician Class
Academic & Administrative Appointments
|Qualified Medical Evaluator, appointed by the State of California|
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
|* American Academy of Ophthalmology Vision Rehabilitation Initiative. Member, 2003-2005|
* American Academy of Ophthalmology Committee on Aging, Member, 2002-2007
* Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons, Class of 1987. Class Chairman, 1997-present
* Columbia P&S Alumni Association, Regional Representative 1992-present
* Medical Advisory Board, National Association for Visually Handicapped. Member, 1996-present
* American Academy of Ophthalmology. Fellow, 1995-present
* Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association. Fellow, 1998-2000
* Low Vision Council. Associate member, 1997-2000
Other Professional Positions & Major Appointments
|American Public Health Association|
Awards & Honors
|* Delta Omega Alpha Chapter, National Public Health Honor Society, Inducted May 10, 2006.|
* Hopkins Sommer Scholarship, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. Inaugural Recipient, 2005-2006.
* Certificate of Appreciation from the LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India. January, 2003
Certificate of Appreciation from the Aravind Eye Hospital and
Post-Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Madurai, India. February,
* Certificate of Appreciation from the Lions Club of Cuzco, Peru. June 26, 1999.
* University of Michigan, Kellogg Eye Center: Walter Parker Resident Teaching Award 1990, Third Place.
* Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons: Edith and Denton McKane Award for Excellence in Ophthalmologic Research, 1987.
Columbia College: Cum Laude, Consulate Prize in German Studies,
National German Student Honor Society, National Chemistry Honor
|Association of functional vision loss and performance measures in the frail elderly.|